Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Heartbreaker

Today something broke my heart. It wasn't my sin (hold on, I'll get there). It hurt deep. How unbearable sometimes! Is it just me and my shallow expectations from a friend of family (I messaged after)? My unloving comparison of what I would have done and how I would have responded? Love I thought I had.

Then I realized, God must have felt the same, heartbroken that is. Countless times I have broken God's heart! And yet those times I was not the slightest bit broken. Unbroken, indeed.

Right then, I felt deep sorrow. How I could hurt for a relationship and not my relationship with God. By the grace of God, I felt sorrow for my sins.

/Sorrow for conditional love.//
Loving. This world has given us so many pictures of it, we confuse its true essence. Without condition. And where expectation begins, hurt is inevitable.

/Sorrow for seeking to learn more than to learn more about God.//
A big fan of learning, I need to be reminded sometimes that there's more to life than learning. Always seeking for the learning in experiences, I have failed to both seek and focus on God's character. Indeed I am witness to this truth: a glimpse of his unfathomable beauty-majesty-love-kindness transforms the heart of even the hardest hearted person one knows (here, myself).

No comments: